Plastic Molding Method: Transfer Molding
A method of molding that suitable for manufacturing plastic article that is complex, irregularly shaped or the cross section have large thickness difference.
Normally be used for producing accessories of electronic product, such as socket for wiring, capacitor, Diode, etc.
Material should be in the form of liquid or easy to be shaped, thus it's not necessary to applied high pressure during the production.
First, in order to take out the plastic molded article successfully, the release agent should be applied in advance, close the mold and evacuate the air from the mold, the mold interior becomes vacuum, then place a preheated preform of material into the mold cast before a plunger applies pressure to the material, forcing the material through a runner and gate and into the mold cavity till the resin spill out, stop filling and wait until the plastic article cured, eject out and finish the production.
This type of molding is great for insert-molding since the molding machine clamp opens and closes vertically and the retention of the insert is more easily attained through a closed mold.
1. For producing with Thermosetting plastic, transfer molding can be more precise and creates less flash than compression molding.
2. For producing with Thermosetting plastic, once the plastic cured, it is not able to soften and reshaped again, so it's not necessary to wait until the mold cool down, through this way, the production time is shorter.
3. Material normally has been preformed, thus it is small volume and high density, heat and load the material efficiently.
1. For producing with Thermosetting plastic, once the plastic cured, it is not able to soften and reshaped again, the remain used material can not be recycle.
2. Cost of developing the mold is expensive.
The melt transfer room is interchangeable because it is not relevant to the shape of mold.
**The information is for references only, transfer molding is not available in Ji-Horng Plastic Co., Ltd., if you are interested in injection molding service, please feel free to contact us, thank you!**