Plastic Material: ABS Resin
Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene(ABS): is a kind of Amorphous Polymers，it's made up of three monomers: Acrylonitrile, Butadiene, and Styrene, it's a common synthetic resin that you can easily find products that made of ABS resin in our daily life, which means it is widely applied in different industrial usages.
Acrylonitrile: It provides heat stability, oil resistant, nice, nice mechanical behavior, stiffness, and glossiness to ABS.
Butadiene: It provides toughness and impact strength at low temperature to ABS.
- Styrene: It provides rigidity, processability, fluidity, and transparency to ABS.
ABS has all the advantages of the three monomers, the chemical specialty can be different by adjusting the proportion of the three monomers, for different using purpose of plastic article, we can also use additionally different filler or add chemical addictive by variation of ratio to enhance processability or create better performance. In conclusion, ABS resin is a kind of plastic material that can be flexibly used in production.The chemical formula of Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene copolymer is (C8H8·C4H6·C3H3N)n.
- The color is translucent and a little milky, the feeling of touching is waxy.
- Easy for mechanical processing, impact resistant.
- It's a perfect plastic material for coating, it can be used for electroplating to create glossy surface like metal, through this way, ABS is able to be used for replacing some kinds of metal to reduce both cost and weight.
- Creep resistant and good dimensional stability.
- ABS is a kind of Hygroscopic Polymers, it can absorb moisture itself from air or environment, so drying before production is necessary to prevent molding defeat.
- Good weldability, ABS can be blended with other polymers to overcome the disadvantages, such as ABS/PC、ABS/PVC、ABS/PA、ABS/PMMA, etc.
- Poor weathering resistance
- Poor chemical solvent resistance(particularly aromatic, ketones and esters)
The ordinary grade of ABS is burned easily, the flame won't stop even though the flame is removed.
Production ways: injection molding, blow molding, extrusion molding, vacuum molding, or secondary processing such as gluing or coating.
The use of toner or color masterbatch can help produce different colors of plastic finished products, printing and electroplating on surface are also available, so we can offer customers a wide range of choices on the appearance with ABS resin.
Application: ABS is normally used for outer casing of electronic equipment or automotive parts, below we list out some general usages of ABS resin
- Automotive: front bumper fascia, automotive covers, shrouds, and housings
Electronics & Appliances: refrigerator, hairdryer, vacuum cleaner, outer casing of office equipment(telephone, copy machine, fax machine, and keyboard, etc.)
- Mechanic equipment: food processing machine, lawn mower
- Entertainment: Lego bricks, golf trolley, audio equipment, MP3
- Garment & Accessories: hoodie cord lock, sports wear cord stopper, face mask ear rope adjuster, shoelace stopper, backpack, coat horn button, etc.
- Architecture: showcase, pipe for different uses
Others: including stationary, aviation, shipbuilding, helmet, battery cases, etc.
|★ Related articles:||Plastic Material: POM Resin|
Plastic Material: Summary
Plastic Material: Hygroscopic & Non-hygroscopic Polymers